Globalization, radical transparency and the prevalence of social media have forever changed the way stakeholders view and interact with organizations. In an era of unprecedented social engagement, strategic nonprofit marketing, communications and activation have never been more important.
What’s more, growing demand for corporations and brands to engage authentically with social and environmental issues has raised the standards for CSR and citizenship, providing a growing number of ways that NGOs can partner with companies.
Research has proven that it’s no longer enough for a non-profit to stand for a social issue and participate in traditional fundraising and development activities. To attract, retain and build favored status with individual and corporate donors and stakeholders, successful organizations must:
- Clearly understand, define and manifest their core purpose
- Connect their efforts to timely movements and causes that inspire passion
- Identify, build and drive relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Deliberately engage in sophisticated brand building activities
Using insights from Edelman’s global Trust Barometer and goodpurpose® studies and the principles espoused in Breakthrough Nonprofit Branding, a seminal book recently co-authored by Edelman leaders, we apply proven methodologies to address these strategies. Working alongside visionary nonprofit client partners, we help build and bolster groundbreaking campaigns that empower organizations to work with their core stakeholders to increase awareness, take action and raise critical funds for the world’s most pressing social issues. Our services include:
- Signature cause program development
- Corporate partnership development and management
- Commercial co-ventures, cause marketing and creative merchandising
- Content strategy, Master Narrative development, planning and activation
- Integrated marketing, positioning and fundraising strategy
- Organizational development and planning
- Employee, volunteer, board and stakeholder education, development and engagement
- Financial communications, measurement and ROI tracking
- Crisis, issues and reputation management
- Social media and digital engagement
Some of our work includes building awareness for the No. 1 killer of women with the “Go Red for Women Campaign” with the American Heart Association, reinvigorating the Girl Scouts of the USA with a cause movement to get more girls to shatter the glass ceiling, and positioning United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) as the leading voice on population and reproductive rights for women and youth.
For more information about our capabilities in nonprofit, please contact Kristian Merenda.