The countdown to Mobile World Congress 2013 is on! The world’s largest mobile tradeshow is expected to attract over 1,500 companies, 65,000 attendees and 2,500 press and analysts to Barcelona, Spain on February 25 -28, 2013. While the show is still a few months away, many companies are already gearing up for the event.
The call for papers is open and the speaker proposal deadline was just extended to Friday, September 14. The theme of the 2013 conference is “The New Mobile Horizon” in recognition of the transformation that mobile technology is driving in our personal and professional lives and global communications.
As you develop your speaker submissions and plans for MWC 2013, we look back at what stood out at the 2012 event and reflect on what’s possible in 2013, care of Edelman Technology Content Director Matthew Whalley in London:
To effectively use MWC as a marketing and communications opportunity, incorporate the event in telling a bigger story that goes beyond device features and functions. Consider using MWC as a launch pad to push your brand in new directions:
- Plan your approach 3-4 months before the event
- Tell your story in a variety of different ways
- Create content to drive brand narrative leading up to the conference
- Tell the human side of your mobile story
- What does your product mean to the consumer once it’s in their hands?
- How is it shaping their mobile experience?
- Book on-site meetings in late November/early December as press and industry analyst calendars fill up quickly
Veselina Buie is a vice president in the Edelman Silicon Valley Technology practice.
Image from of www.mobileworldcongress.com