Many people think of talent acquisition as something that is done by trained recruiters who spend countless hours screening resumes, conducting interviews and checking references. What often is overlooked, however, is how great talent even comes to the attention of recruiters. At Edelman, we believe this is where HR and communications should intersect.
That’s why we’ve chosen to focus on the partnership between HR and corporate communications in our session at PRWeek’s November 14 Power to the People Conference in New York. I’ll have the privilege of moderating a panel of four experts (below) who have extensive experience in harnessing the power of communications to aid in identifying, reaching and attracting the best talent.
- Chris Atkins, Managing Director, US Public Relations and Internal Communications at PwC*
- Paige Vesuvio, VP, Marketing, Glassdoor.com
- Jim Wilkinson, EVP, Communications, PepsiCo*
- Sherry Pudloski, VP, Global Communications, Pfizer*
Here’s a quick overview of a few of the topics we’ll address how to:
- Integrate communications and HR to help the company become an Employer of Choice
- Connect the dots between the business strategy and the talent strategy
- Share ways to engage all talent – current and potential – through social media channels
- Offer specific ideas on ways communicators can enhance the company’s brand through HR-related messaging
- Reveal how to improve the candidate experience by marrying the brand message with the expertise of HR
- Explore the impact social media has on brand messaging from employees, alumni and potential employees
In short, we’ll share ideas, expertise and anecdotes that attendees will be able to immediately act on when they return to their companies. I hope you’ll register to attend this important conference and take advantage of the great sessions and tremendous networking opportunities.