2012 was a year to remember for Edelman.com. Not only was the site redesigned with a focus on ongoing conversations, but our authors selected topics that increasingly reflected the complexity of modern public relations: our most read articles (below) opined on the life of a working mother, research in PR, global politics and more.
Here are the 10 most read articles of 2012:
1) 10 Rules for PR Pros by Dan Edelman
In the early 1960s, Edelman’s founder authored these 10 timeless rules for all PR practitioners.
2) The History (and Future) of PR by Richard Edelman
Richard Edelman outlined the five behavioral changes required of us as an industry.
3) News Flash: Growing Your Career and Having Babies Not Mutually Exclusive by Mary Corcoran
A year after returning from maternity leave, Mary Corcoran said with confidence it was the best year of her career.
4) Managing Through Sandy by Richard Edelman
How we worked after Hurricane Sandy displaced our New York employees, written from a temporary workspace.
5) Five Rules for Starting Out Your PR Career by Matthew Harrington
To those looking to build a career in PR, our global COO suggested you raise your hand, be curious and take notes.
6) Our Time to Lead by Richard Edelman
When credibility is conferred horizontally by conversation and the wisdom of the crowd, PR is best suited to lead the way for organizations.
7) U.S. Election Eve: A Global Perspective by Matthew Harrington
The importance of the U.S. Presidential Election is weighted with perspective from Southeast Asia, The Middle East, Canada and other areas of the world.
8) Method to the Madness by Richard Edelman
In the same week, Edelman hired Michael Berland and relaunched its website.
9) What You Need to Know About Being an Edelman Intern by Jill Delarzac
An Edelman intern in Toronto explained what new interns can expect.
10) Diversity: The Continuing Challenge by Richard Edelman
We initiated a successful internship program at Edelman this summer with seven Newhouse students — the Edelman Newhouse Diversity Interns.
Jon Silver is the interim global editor of Edelman.com and global media manager.
Mountain image by Horia Varlan.