Josh combines his background in finance, capital markets, public policy, and corporate orientation to develop and lead integrated communications campaigns and investor relations programs.
Josh has extensive expertise advising C-suite executives and boards of directors on communications during sensitive situations, including IPOs, contested and friendly M&As, spin-offs, restructurings, bankruptcies, shareholder issues, shareholder activism and other corporate crises. Example work includes:
- Activism/Short Defense: Argo and Voce Capital, W.R. Grace and 40 North Management, E.W. Scripps and GAMCO; Macquarie Korea Asset Management and Platform Partners; MDC Partners and Gotham City; Diamond Resorts and FrontFour Capital; Ascent Capital and GAMCO; Eros International and Knight Assets; Eros International and GeoInvesting; Elliott Management and Hess Corp.; Gaylord Entertainment and TRT Holdings; Ryman Hospitality and GAMCO; Higher One and Brave Warrior; and numerous behind-the-scenes preparedness and corporate defense assignments against activists for companies in the TMT, gaming, hospitality and consumer industries.
- Corporate Issues: Nordstrom Inc.; YRC Worldwide; GE Aviation; Philips reorganization; Kerzner International ownership transition; One&Only hurricane response; Opryland flood; EveryWare Global bankruptcy and shareholder litigation; RHI Entertainment pre-packaged reorganization; TiVo and DISH patent litigation; GM Bondholders and GM’s reorganization plan; BearingPoint bankruptcy; Graham Packaging reorganization; Neff Corp. reorganization.
- Transactions: Synchrony Financial/Pets Best; Two Sigma investments; ScottsMiracle-Gro/Sunlight Supply; Diamond/Apollo, TiVo/Rovi, Tribune Media/Real Estate transactions; MultiPlan/Hellman & Friedman/Starr/Carlyle, Ascent Capital/MONI, Shutterstock/Flashstock, Starz/Lionsgate, Gaylord/Marriott, Tenaska/US Powergen; Primedia/TPG Capital; Diamond Resorts/Pacific Monarch/Intrawest; Ascent Media/Deluxe Entertainment; Ascent Media/Monitronics; Neff/Lightyear Capital.
- Leadership Transitions: Seaworld CEO transition; Immunomedics CEO transition; Diamond Resorts Board changes; Philips Healthcare CEO transition; TiVo CFO transition; Gaylord Entertainment leadership changes; AgroFresh CEO and CFO transitions.
- IPOs/Spinoffs: Liberty Media/Starz; Cablevision/AMC Networks; Stonegate Mortgage; Diamond Resorts; Eros International; Resolute Energy; LG Display; EveryWare Global; Boise Paper; Fortis Inc.; RHI Entertainment; Hughes Telematics; Ascent Media.
Josh joined Edelman after more than 13 years at Sloane & Company, where he was a Managing Director and head of the capital markets and investor relations practice. Prior to joining Sloane & Company, Josh was a founding partner of Vistance Group, a boutique corporate communications firm, and a senior member of Fleishman Hillard’s corporate communications practice.
Josh graduated with honors from Washington University in St. Louis.