On May 5th, Edelman launched the 2020 Trust Barometer Spring Update: Trust and the Covid-19 Pandemic.
An update to the Edelman Trust Barometer launched in January, the Spring Update reveals a remarkable shift in the landscape of trust. The Spring Update shows that amid the Covid-19 pandemic, government trust surged 11 points to an all-time high of 65 percent, making it the most trusted institution for the first time in our 20 years of study.
We spoke to a panel of distinguished leaders to hear their thoughts and ideas on what the four institutions - government, business, media and NGOs - need to do to deliver on expectations and build a more resilient system for the future. Our virtual panel included:
- Oscar Munoz, CEO, United Airlines
- David Gibbs, CEO, Yum! Brands
- Andi Owen, President and CEO, Herman Miller Inc
- Luigi Zingales, Director, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Phil Hogan, European Commissioner for Trade
The panel was moderated by Kirsty Graham, CEO of Edelman's Public Affairs practice, with an introduction by Richard Edelman, CEO of Edelman.